Medications for mental health issues do not cure them. They do, however, manage symptoms and make daily life bearable. They can reduce or eliminate your symptoms of mental illness, but if you stop taking them, your symptoms may return. If something about your mental health medication bothers you, you must discuss it with your doctor or psychiatric counselor before discontinuing any medication, as abrupt discontinuation can result in unwanted side effects.
There are different types of mental health medications. These include:
- Antidepressants, which are used to treat depression, anxiety, and some types of personality disorders
- Antipsychotics that treat schizophrenia and sometimes bipolar disorder and restore your brain’s chemical balance
- Mood stabilizers to treat people with bipolar disorder; depressants help people become or stay calm
- Anxiolytics to treat anxiety disorders
- Stimulants for attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)
Proper medication management deals with taking your prescription on time. To help you remember which medication and which dosage to take, put a list of everything you take and when on the fridge, put your tablets into pill boxes, or put reminders on your mobile phone. There are a lot of apps that focus on mental health in New Jersey nowadays, and they can be easily downloaded on your device.
Behavioral and mental health services, such as LACKA Behavioral Health offers medication management services to help you deal with your mental condition. Our experts aim to incorporate the right medication alongside counseling and psychotherapy sessions. Utilizing combination therapy has been proven to yield better outcomes for patients.
If you or a loved one requirebehavioral and mental health care in Hamilton, New Jersey, our team will be more than glad to help. Feel free to send us a message for an appointment.
Leave a Reply